Melbourne Spoken Word accepts reviews of events, performances, or publications related to spoken word and poetry in Melbourne. Basically, if it's by someone who has done something at an event listed in our events page, especially if they're a regular fixture of the scene, we'll have it.
- Pitch to us first. Do you have something in mind you want to review? Let us know first by telling us what you'd like to review, and if you haven't written for us before, a bit of background or experience if you have any. This is to avoid two reviewers reviewing the same thing or it might not be suitable etc.
- Reviews need to be a minimum of 500 words
- Reviewers shall not enter into correspondence with the person they're reviewing and the author of the work should not solicit the review or ask someone to submit a review of their work. This is to maintain the credibility and unbiased nature of the work.
- If you would like your event, book or album reviewed, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for tickets or publication to be sent to us and we will attempt to find a reviewer for it.
- If you would like to review something but don't know what, email us also and we can assign you something in our review pile.